Protective Life Corporation provides innovative insurance solutions and investment products designed to help clients achieve and maintain financial security. Since the formation of our first subsidiary over 100 years ago, we have remained true to our core values of quality, serving people and growth.Â By treating people the way we would like to be treated, our Company has been rewarded with stable, successful, long-term relationships with customers and advisors alike.
The Protective Advantage
At Protective, we draw on more than a centuryâ€™s worth of experience to develop competitive products and operational platforms that provide excellent customer value. Our strong commitment to the development of forward-thinking, innovative solutions to meet customersâ€™ needs and the delivery of a superior customer experience distinguish Protective as one of the leading life insurance and annuity carriers in the nation.
Protective Life Corporation is the parent company of four insurance provider subsidiaries:
- Protective Life Insurance Company
- Protective Life & Annuity Insurance Company
- West Coast Life Insurance Company
- Lyndon Insurance Group, Inc. and Affiliates
Our Companyâ€™s mission and values are reflected in our core belief that â€œDoing the right thing is smart businessÂ®.â€ This is the principle that guides us in all we do. Enduring commitment to our core values combined with modern sensibilities, a solutions-based philosophy and smart, competitive life insurance and annuities products, have allowed Protective to remain a leader in our industry for more than 100 years.
Our Heritage and Values
Protective Life Corporation, which today offers a broad portfolio of life and specialty insurance and investment products, traces its roots to the Corporation’s flagship company, Protective Life Insurance Company. Protective Life Insurance Company is a 100-year-old institution built upon a belief in hard work and integrity. Today, Protective’s continued commitment to these basic principles is demonstrated through our dedication to three core values: Quality, Serving People, and Growth.
|A Strong Foundation|
A history of tradition and innovation
Governor William Dorsey Jelks founds Protective Life Insurance Company, as Theodore Roosevelt begins his seventh year as U.S. President
Protective Life pays its first death claim
Protective Life celebrates its Silver Anniversary with more than $65 million of insurance in force
Protective Life celebrates 50 years with insurance in force approaching $1 billion
Protective Life acquires Protective Life and Annuity Insurance Company
West Coast Life is acquired, solidifying Protectiveâ€™s national presence
John D. Johns becomes CEO of Protective Life
Chase Insurance Group is acquired, representing Protectiveâ€™s largest acquisition to date
Protective Life celebrates its 100th Anniversary with insurance in force surpassing $252 billion
Protective Life has $445 billion of coverage in force
The heart ofÂ quality is integrity. Quality is the cornerstone on which all of our activity rests – quality products, services, people and investments. We strive for superior quality and continuous improvement in everything we do.
Serving people well begins with being worthy of their trust.Â We believe we are at our best when we value and build upon the diverse talents, backgrounds and insights of our customers, our share owners, and our employees.
- Customers: Our customers come first. We prosper only to the extent that we create long-term relationships with satisfied customers. We do so in discerning their needs and responding to them; in providing high value, distinctive products; in prudent investment of policyholder funds; in systems, information, and counsel which help our customers solve problems; and in prompt, accurate, innovative, and courteous service which is the best in the business.
- Share owners:Â Our share owners provide the equity essential for our success.Â We are stewards of their investment and must return a profit to them.Â Our objective is to rank at the top of the industry in long-range earnings growth and return on equity.
- Protective people:Â We want our employee team to enjoy their work and take pride in Protective and its mission and values.Â We are committed to the initiative, innovation, empowerment, and enthusiasm of all our employees.
The keys to growth are innovative thinking, resourcefulness, passion and persistence.Â We are dedicated to long-term growth in sales, revenue, and profitâ€”not only for the benefit of our share owners, but also because it contributes to Protectiveâ€™s strength and growth and helps us attract and retain top-notch talent.Â We achieve this growth through innovative marketing, superior service, and smart acquisitions.