CNO was incorporated in 1979, began operations in 1982, became a public company as Conseco, Inc. in 1985 and changed its name to CNO Financial Group, Inc. in 2010. Today, we serve more than 4 million middle-income working Americans and retirees.
CNO is a holding company. Its insurance subsidiaries include Bankers Life and Casualty Company, Colonial Penn Life Insurance Company and Washington National Insurance Company.
It now serves the whole of the US. It is the parent company of Bankers Life and Casualty. As such, it is positioned to be one of the premier insurance companies to offer products to the growing senior market. Conseco Group has been named a Fortune 500 Company for nine consecutive years. It has total assets of nearly $5 billion and total life insurance in force of nearly $2 billion. With over 5 million customers, these three companies strive to provide services for working families and seniors.
Conseco and its two subsidiaries have segmented the market, so each can specialize in its own niche; but, together, they offer the stability of their financial size.
- Conseco distributes its products through independent insurance agents. It specializes in whole and universal life insurance products.
- Bankers Life and casualty distributes through career Bankers insurance agents, and offers both term and life insurance.
Conseco Term Life Products
- Term life insurance policies are available for coverage up to age 77.
- Five-year renewable term insurance is available to age 75. No medical exams are necessary. Face amounts of $5,000, $10,000, $15,000, $20,000, and $25,000 are available.
- Full benefits are available from the first day of the policy.
- Twenty-year term life policies will lock in premiums without a physical exam. These policies are available from age 18 to age 77.
- Accelerated death benefits are available in case of a terminal illness.
The company is licensed in most of the US.
Standard and Poorâ€™s: BB+
A.M. Best: B++